Bengals Joe Burrow says he was forced to call his own plays following headset malfunction in win ove

Thảo luận trong 'Kinh Nghiệm - Kiến Thức' bắt đầu bởi ymakerpi8d, 27/6/23.

?

Bengals Joe Burrow says he was forced to call his own plays following headset malfunction

1. Bengals Joe Burrow says he was forced to call his own plays following headset malfunction

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bengals Joe Burrow says he was forced to call his own plays following headset malfunction

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ymakerpi8d

ymakerpi8d Member

There's been a lot of firsts this month for and the . The month started with a win over the that gave Cincinnati its first division crown since 2015. January has also included the Bengals' first playoff win in 33 years as well as the franchise's first-ever road playoff win.Last weekend's win over the also marked the first time that Burrow called his own Glenn Robinson Jersey plays in an NFL game, although it was not by design. Burrow said Wednesday that he was temporarily thrust into the role of play-caller after his headset went out."Never been in that position before," of his headset malfunction, via Paul Dehner of The Athletic. "That was kind of exciting for me. Zac always jokes don't pretend like the headset goes out so you can call your own plays. All of them worked. That was fun." CIN QB #9 Burrow got a taste of what life was like for NFL quarterbacks from a bygone era who called their own plays Cecil Cooper Jersey . While coaches and coordinator have primarily called their team's plays for the past 40-plus years, former quarterback Terry Bradshaw and former quarterback Ken Stabler called their team's plays during the 1970s. Stabler called plays during the Raiders' 32-14 win over the in Super Bowl XI. Bradshaw won Super Manny Pina Jersey Bowl MVP awards while calling plays during each of Pittsburgh's four Super Bowl wins during the decade. While Burrow had succe s Saturday, former Super Bowl MVP quarterback and current CBS Sports NFL analyst Phil Simms said that today's quarterbacks are better off not having the responsibility of calling plays."I called plays for a half my rookie year in St. Louis," Simms recalled during an interview Wednesday. "Of course, I wasn't ready to do that. ... I'll tell you, I ran out of ideas really quick. Now a days, with three, four receivers, tight ends, all that, it's impo sible for a quarterback to be a play-caller. There's no way. ... Every quarterback could call a couple of plays, and of course they're going to call their favorite ones, but I don't see that day coming and I don't think any quarterbacks would actually want that responsibility."Simms, who to former great Joe Montana during the regular season, believes that the Bengals' young Matt Garza Jersey quarterback will have to play "really well" if Cincinnati is going to upset the Chiefs in Sunday's AFC Championship Game. Burrow threw for 446 yards and four touchdowns during Cincinnati's 34-31 win over the Chiefs back in Week 17 Domingo Santana Jersey . "I think he's throwing the football better this year than he threw last year," Simms said of Burrow. "A good thrower, accurate, just a great feel for the game. Knows how to move in the pocket. Better athletically than we all probably think he is, and a sneaky, really good thrower of the ball. ... He knows how to play the game. He's been taught very well, and Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan have done a great job with Cincinnati's offense."
    Click here Click here Click here

trang này